Last Updated: December 2022
To the extent possible, before you submit your Personal Data to Oxford Alloys, you will be informed about certain rights you have regarding Personal Data you submit and how that Personal Data will be processed and used by Oxford Alloys. At that time, you may consent to the use of and submit your Personal Data by Oxford Alloys or decline to consent to such use and not submit your Personal Data.
What is Personal Data?
The term “Personal Data” means “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
What Personal Data We Collect and How We Use That Personal Data?
Customer, Vendor, and Suppliers: Oxford Alloys may collect and process the following categories of Personal Data concerning our customers, vendors, and suppliers: name and surname, contact details (e.g., email address, telephone number, residential address), job title, bank account details and financial information (including credit/income history), transaction history, communications and criminal records. We process this information for facilitate routine and common business practices, such as those related to sales orders and management, promotion and quotation submitting, warranty management, credit collection, compliance with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Export Controls and other legal requirements, accounting, corporate transactions, and defense of our interests and claims.
Website Users: Oxford Alloys collects Personal Data for the purpose of providing information or updates about Oxford Alloys or its products. We may also use Personal Data you submit for internal purposes including the administration of the Site, data analytics, corporate transactions, and compliance with law or legal process and Oxford Alloys' policies and procedures. You also provide new, or updated or corrected Personal Data to Oxford Alloys from time-to-time
Job Applicants : Oxford Alloys collects Personal Data from prospective employees, independent consultants and advisers who submit applications for consideration.
Video Conferencing Events Participants : Oxford Alloys may collect Personal Data such as voice and/or video recordings, in the course of training events, meetings, conferences and other events we may organize.
Who Provides Us With Your Personal Data?
The Personal Data that we collect and process on our customers, vendors, suppliers and video conferencing events participants, is derived from the individual or from his/her business. For website users, we collect Personal Data that you choose to enter into the Site.
Oxford Alloys may also receive Personal Data from distributors to incentivize sales and from third parties who provide services to us, such as trade shows, mailing or other list services. Oxford Alloys may receive the following categories of Personal Data, such as your name, email address, phone number, job title, business or personal address.
As for job applicants, Oxford Alloys generally collects Personal Data directly from the job applicants (e.g. via a dedicated, online talent management platform or via email communication). Oxford Alloys may also receive Personal Data about job applicants from third parties who provide services to us, such as a third party staffing or recruiting firm.
Why Do We Process Personal Data?
Categories of Personal Data collected and purposes for which they are processed are listed below:
- Complete a Transaction: You provide Personal Data to Oxford Alloys so we can provide you services and products or information pertaining to our services and products. Often, this transaction is governed by a binding contract and in order for Oxford Alloys to fulfil the terms and conditions of that contract, we need to collect, use, and retain, your Personal Data.
- Contact Us: You may submit an inquiry or comment to Oxford Alloys along with your name, and contact information (such as address, phone number and email address). Oxford Alloys uses this information for the purpose of replying to your inquiry.
- Questionnaires and Surveys: Oxford Alloys may ask users of the Site to complete optional online surveys and opinion polls for the purpose of obtaining their input relating to our present or planned products and their use. These surveys help us to better meet your needs. In conducting these surveys we may ask you to provide your name and contact information (such as address, phone number and email address) so that we can provide you with information about our products and about welding and cutting, for example, by sending you newsletters or other marketing material.
- Locating a Distributor: If you use the Site to locate a nearby Oxford Alloys distributor, we will ask you for a location. Information about your location will be retained and analyzed for statistical business reasons.
- Customer: Oxford Alloys asks you to provide name and contact information (such as address, phone number and email address) so that updates to our products, safety data sheets (SDS), safety and corporate investor information may be sent to you.
- My Account: If you create an account on the Oxford Alloys Site, we collect the account information that you submit, such as your name, email address, and log-in information. We also collect information regarding your orders through the account, such as your history of purchases.
- Mobile Applications and Internet Connected Devices: Oxford Alloys may receive Personal Data during your access to and use of any Oxford Alloys mobile application. We may collect first and last names, email addresses, online identifiers, and other Personal Data used to register with, download, or access the relevant mobile application. We may monitor, record, and analyze the operation, location, maintenance and/or performance of welding and other equipment made, sold or provided by Oxford Alloys and connected to the mobile application. We may de-identify, aggregate, and analyze this data in order to develop more effective and efficient products and services.
- From Third Parties: Oxford Alloys may also receive Personal Data from third parties who provide services to us, such as trade shows, mailing or other list services. Oxford Alloys may receive the following categories of Personal Data, such as your name, email address, phone number, job title, business or personal address.
- Corporate Transactions: Oxford Alloys may need to use some of the above Personal Data in order to comply with requests of prospective or actual purchasers interested in Oxford Alloys or its assets, or relation to a prospective or actual purchase of companies or assets by Oxford Alloys.
- Recruiting Talent: You may submit your application for an available position at Oxford Alloys or such an application can be made on your behalf. We will carry out an initial screening of applications received and may choose to proceed to an interview or further assessment stage with certain job candidates. In the process we will collect and process CVs, information on your qualifications (professional and otherwise), experience, employment history (including job titles, salary and benefits packages and any relevant working hours), interests, information about your previous academic history and qualifications including professional certifications and credentials, and language skills. We may collect details of your right to work in the location for which you are applying (including citizenship, passport data, visa data, details of residency or work permit). Where permitted or otherwise authorized by applicable laws, information received from third parties about you may include the results of background checks and referencing. Where required by law we need to collect information about disabilities from our job applicants.
- Video Teleconferencing Training Events, Meetings, Conferences and other Events: Oxford Alloys may record the content, conversations, and discussions in the course of these video teleconferencing events and such records may be stored or retained by us or our third party service providers for the following purposes: training; the need to document corporate decision-making processes; to make the video teleconferencing events available to registered participants of the events to allow them to review the events after they have finished.
Do We Collect Special Categories of Personal Data or Information on Children?
Oxford Alloys does not ask for, and does not collect, Special Categories of Personal Data related to our customers, vendors, suppliers, website users, or video teleconferencing events participants.
Children’s Privacy: The Site is not directed to children under the age of sixteen, unless otherwise provided by applicable laws, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children. We may ask you to confirm that you have not and will not provide such information to us or in postings on the Site when you register. If we become aware that such information has been provided or posted on the Site, we will delete it from our records.
How Do We Share Your Personal Data?
Oxford Alloys does not sell or lease any Personal Data, such as email addresses, collected from customers, vendors, suppliers, Site users, job applicants, or from video teleconferencing participants. The following are the ways we share your information:
- Intra-Group: We share Personal Data about you within Oxford Alloys for all the purposes listed above.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your Personal Data with third-party service providers under contract with Oxford Alloys to help us provide services or events to you and process Personal Data on our behalf for the above-mentioned purposes. We may retain a third party to help us determine what marketing information you might find useful or help us make video teleconferencing events available to you. The service providers are bound by law and/or contract to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Data, and to only process your Personal Data to provide requested services and only act on our documented instructions.
- Oxford Alloys also shares data with other companies, vendors and business partners to perform functions for it, whereby these companies are themselves responsible to determine the purposes and/or means of the processing and for the lawfulness of the processing. We may disclose your Personal Data to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice. We use a third-party service provider to process credit card information you submit.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share Personal Data with courts, tribunals, opposing or other related parties to the proceedings and their professional advisors, in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other Personal Data to courts, tribunals, opposing or other related parties to the proceedings and their professional advisors, when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Oxford Alloys, our users, or others. This may include exchanging Personal Data with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We may disclose your Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers, their lawyers or professional advisors, of any interest in Oxford Alloys or its assets, or in relation to a purchase of companies or assets by Oxford Alloys.
How Do We Address Site Privacy and Tracking?
We support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the sites collecting your personally identifiable information.
How do we comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)?
If you are a California resident you have certain rights regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- Right to KnowYou have the right to request that we disclose to you: (1) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; (2) the categories of personal information collected or shared; (3) the purposes for which we collected or shared your personal information; and (4) the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information about you. Prior to disclosing the information, we are required to verify that the individual making the request is indeed the individual to whom the information relates. Once we receive a verifiable request, we must disclose to you the information requested for the twelve months preceding your request. The law gives us 45 days to provide the information to you. Please note that if the information you are requesting reveals details directly or indirectly about another person, we will need to seek consent of that person before we can disclose that information to you. In certain circumstances, where disclosure of part or all of the information you have requested would adversely affect the rights of others, we may not be able to disclose the information to you, in which case we will inform you promptly and give you the reasons for our decision. Please further note that CCPA provides for certain exclusions for information that relates to business to business communications and information protected under evidentiary privileges.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request deletion of the personal information about you that we have received from you. Prior to deleting the information, we are required to verify that the individual making the request is indeed the individual to whom the information relates. Once we receive a verifiable request, the law gives us 45 days to respond. As a general rule, we must delete the information at your request and require our vendors to do so as well. However, the law provides certain exceptions and exclusions that allow us to retain the information even if you have requested that it be deleted. If we do not erase the information pursuant to one of those exceptions we must inform you of that fact and of any rights you may have to appeal our decision.
- Right to Opt Out.You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Data.
- Right against discrimination. California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
Please note that your CCPA rights are subject to certain conditions and exceptions and that the law allows for extensions to the mandatory period to respond to your requests in certain cases.
Should you have any questions regarding the rights you might have under California law or wish to exercise your CCPA rights, please make such a request by calling 1-800-562-3355 or by mail to:
Oxford Alloys, Inc.
3235 Sunridge heights Parkway, Suite 100
Henderson, NV 89052
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
How We Protect Your Personal Data?
Oxford Alloys will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data it collects from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Oxford Alloys has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secures the Personal Data it collects from loss and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data.
What About Third Party Websites?
This Site contains links to other third-party websites. Oxford Alloys does not control and is not responsible for the operation of such websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of those websites if you have questions about their privacy practices.
Can I Unsubscribe from Emails?
You may choose to stop receiving marketing or promotional emails by unsubscribing. You can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or by emailing sales.
How Can I Update My Personal Data?
You may use the link in the “Contacting Us” section of this policy to provide us with your updated or corrected Personal Data or to request that we delete your Personal Data.
If you have an account and login with us, the Site provides you the option to update or correct information previously provided by logging in and clicking My Profile to access your Personal Data and correct, amend or delete inaccurate information.
What is Our Data Retention Policy?
Oxford Alloys retains your Personal Data collected as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which Personal Data are collected and to comply with legal obligations or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
For our customers, vendors, and suppliers, we retain their Personal Data for the duration needed to complete or facilitate our contract, agreement, or engagement, and for a reasonable amount of time thereafter in accordance with our legitimate business needs and functions.
We shall retain certain Personal Data of Site visitors for no longer than reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which Personal Data are collected, to comply with legal obligations or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
The Personal Data of unsuccessful job applicants will be deleted in accordance with the normal document retention policy at Oxford Alloys.
We retain any video or voice recordings of our video teleconferencing events in accordance with the normal retention policy at Oxford Alloys.
Is Personal Data Transferred Across Borders/Internationally?
Personal Data collected from our customers, vendors, and suppliers, Site users, job applicants or from video teleconferencing events participants is stored on servers located in the United States. In some cases, your Personal Data may also be stored on servers in a country where the Oxford Alloys affiliate is located.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of the Site or your dealings with the Site, you can email usor contact us at the following addresses:
Oxford Alloys, Inc.
3235 Sunridge heights Parkway, Suite 100
Henderson, NV 89052
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
Protection of Username and Password
Some areas of the Website may require that you register and log in. You are responsible for protecting your username and password and all activities on your account. Additionally, we may rely upon any communications we receive on the Website under your login. Notify us immediately if you have reason to believe your login has been or may be used by someone not authorized to do so.