To register click on the Sign In / Register link on the top right side of the header. There are 2 ways to register:
- If you have an Oxford Alloys customer ID number you can quick register by entering your account number. You can find your Oxford Alloys customer account number on any invoice or packing list (click here for an example). You can also instant message our ecommerce representative who can provide you with this number.
- If you are a new customer to Oxford Alloys (never purchased from us before) or you do not know your Oxford Alloys customer ID number you can register by selecting No "I do not have an Oxford Alloys customer ID number".
If you have forgotten your password, , to receive your password "hint" via email.
Click on the Live Chat link to immediately connect to the Oxford Alloys Customer Service Team. Chat with a customer service representative without having to pick up the phone. Available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. CST or call 800-562-3355
Yes. You can use the same username and password from the existing website.
Yes. The prices established for your specific company are reflected on the website once you login.
YES! A logged in user is able to see real time stock availability information for all Oxford Alloys locations.
Yes. During the checkout process you can select will call for any of the Oxford Alloys locations.
Please contact our eCommerce Customer Service team at 1.800.562.3355 or via email at websales.
To set up My Account, click on Sign In / Register. There are three scenarios:
- Existing Oxford Alloys Customers: If you have previously placed an order with Oxford Alloys (by telephone or fax), your account already exists and you have an Oxford Alloys Customer ID number. You can locate your Customer ID number on any invoice or packing list . Then follow the prompts to register. You can also instant message customer service to obtain your customer ID number.
- Previously registered website users: simply select Logon and enter your email address and password, and click on Sign In.
- Customers who are new to the website and Oxford Alloys, simply select register and enter the required information when prompted.
The dashboard page provides a quick snapshot of your account information, recent orders, default billing, and default shipping addresses. You can also click on your PO number to view/print the shipping documents and CMTR's for your order.
Yes. You can modify your default shipping address and add as many additional ship-to addresses as you prefer. You can then simply select the ship-to address you would like to use during the checkout process.
Your password as well as your email address and other personal information can be modified on the My Profile tab.
The pre-paid freight policy for your account will be displayed on the shipping information page.
Simply click on Invoices under the documents header and follow the prompts to view/print invoices for previous shipments.
The search box was designed to help you search quickly and easily using keywords, Oxford Alloys item ID's, AWS classifications, competitor trade names, and other commonly used industry terms.
The Auto Search Suggestions feature was designed to provide suggestions as you type. If you do not see your search term in our drop down box you can just click 'Go' when you are done to search using your own term.
If your search criteria no longer matches one of our pre-determined search suggestions, the type ahead drop down will disappear. You can continue entering your search term and click 'Go' when you are done.
Our customer service team is always available to assist you with any issues you are having with our site. They can be reached at 800.562.3355, or email us at online help to report a problem with the Search.
The new search is best viewed using the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer version 7 or higher
- Firefox version 4 or higher
- Google Chrome version 13 or higher
- Safari version 4 or higher
To find location and inventory of a specific product, view our search results which have real-time inventory and once logged in to the account, the search results will show the location of the available inventory. This information can also be found on the Item Details page.
You can find all this information on a product's item detail page. Also, if you are a registered user you can view pricing and availability information on the item detail page.
There are several ways to create a Shopping Cart:
- Select the Cart icon from the header
- My Lists- Select My Lists (located on the header). Select your previously created list from the drop down menu and click submit. Then simply add checks next to the items you would like to add to the shopping cart and then click Add checked items to Cart.
- From the Item Details page, enter the quantity in the field next to quantity, and click the 'Add to Cart' button.
To edit the quantity of an item after it is in the cart, click in the quantity box and enter the new quantity by typing over the existing quantity and click on Update Cart. If you are in the checkout process, select the Shopping Cart link to modify the cart. If you selected Order Now, the order has already had already been processed. Please contact customer service at 800.562.3355 or chat with customer service immediately to discuss the modifications.
To delete items in a cart, click on the Remove link next to the item that you want to delete.
Once the cart has been created, select the Checkout button. To change the shipping address on your order, use the dropdown box under ship To Information to select a saved address or select free form address if you want to enter a new address (such as a drop ship address).
You may order using any of the following methods:
No. We take pride in filling any size order, no matter how small. Items do however have to be ordered in standard packaging increments. Click here to view standard packaging details by product group.
To edit the quantity after an item is in the cart, click in the quantity box and enter the new quantity by typing over the existing quantity. Then click on Update Cart.
Notes and instructions can be entered in the notes field on the checkout screen. Common types of notes are carrier name and account Number for collect shipments, shipping reference information, special packaging, etc.
Yes. You enter the order as normal. The only difference with an export order is you will select Export for the shipping method. Upon receiving the order a sales representative will contact you directly to coordinate the shipping details.
There are a few ways to request a quote:
- Click on the product inquiry link in the sidebar.
- Contact our Customer Support at 1-800-562-3355.
- Email quote requests to websales
Once you've placed an order, you will receive an e-mail confirming your order. You may also use the Order History link from the My Account page.
Yes. You will receive an order confirmation through e-mail. Once you submit your order on oxfordalloys.com, you will receive an e-mail order confirmation with:
- Final availability and shipping status
- Confirmed product pricing
- Exact freight charges (if applicable)
If you do not receive an order confirmation, please check your "junk mail" folder or "spam" folder in your e-mail inbox to make sure that the Oxford Alloys order confirmation is not located in these folders
To check on the status of an order, click on the check order status link in the site left sidebar.
In order to meet our same day shipping guarantees, every order is processed immediately, leaving a very short window of time to make changes. Please contact us immediately at customer service at 800-562-3355 or chat online.
If you do not receive an acknowledgment, there are several potential reasons:
- Your e-mail address may not be correct in our system. To verify this, go to your My Account page in the Header, select Account Settings and verify that the e-mail address is correct. Call an Oxford Alloys Customer Support at 1-800-562-3355 and send a test e-mail to ensure we are receiving it.
- Spam filtering - check with your IT department to ensure that e-mail from Oxford Alloys is not being stopped by a spam filter. If the above fails, contact Customer Support at 1-800-562-3355 to track an order. We will need the P.O. number and the contact e-mail address.
The following methods are available:
- UPS Ground
- UPS Next Day Air
- UPS second Day Air
- Motor Freight
- Will Call (Self pick up)
Free freight is applicable for shipments made to a single destination within the continental USA for a single shipment totaling the required USD amount or more. For your account specific pre-paid freight policy please contact customer service at 1.800.562.3355. When placing an order online the "Free Freight Indicator message " will notify you if your order qualifies for free shipping or what you need to add to obtain free freight.
For all shipment that do not meet free freight requirements a freight charge will be applicable. Freight charges are based upon weight, dimensions, distance traveled, and shipping service specified. Unless otherwise stated, freight and shipping fees will be charged for shipments to anywhere in the contiguous United States, using a carrier of our choice.
Yes. Place your order and pick it up at any of Oxford Alloys USA locations. Click locations to get information such as address, phone and fax numbers, more. Oxford Alloys locations are open for will call pickups from 8am – 5pm cst M-F. All will call orders are subject to stock availability.
Email confirmations verifying stock in your selected location will be sent to you within 30 minutes of order placement. All will call orders are subject to stock availability.
Yes. Place your order and have it shipped via the carrier of your choice. When placing orders with "Collect" as your shipping method using our E-commerce tool simply select "Collect" under shipping methods and then input your carrier name and carrier account # in the Notes section.
Email confirmations verifying stock in your selected location will be sent to you within 30 minutes of order placement. The shipping charges will be billed directly to the customer by the designated carrier.
There are two basic categories of export shipping methods that we use:
- Shipping Direct
Oxford Alloys can ship direct to you using a small package service or express courier contracted by Oxford Alloys. In addition to our standard offering of shipping carriers, we offer several carrier options specializing in international delivery:
- Federal Express Air International Priority and Economy
- UPS International Express
- DHL International
We can also ship using your carrier with your account number upon request. These carriers pick up goods at an Oxford Alloys facility and ship directly to you. Typically, the carrier collects duties and other related import charges from you while Oxford Alloys invoices you for the cost of goods and shipping. Weight limits apply to small package carrier shipments (depending on carrier). For large shipments, we can work with you to arrange alternate shipping methods such as freight forwarding.
- Freight Forwarding
Using a freight forwarder logistics integrator, you can pre-arrange freight services and designate a forwarder and its corresponding location to where Oxford Alloys ships the goods (U.S. port or location). Freight forwarders use air and/or sea transportation and facilitate importation. We can use your preferred forwarder or help you find the most suitable forwarder based on your requirements. Typically, when using your preferred forwarder, all transportation, duties, and related import charges, are collected by the freight forwarder and Oxford Alloys invoices you only for the goods.
You are responsible for assuring that the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country. When ordering from oxfordalloys.com, the recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country.
Orders that are shipped to countries outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information.
When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.
Yes. We are very experienced in the preparation of export shipping related documents. Some common documents include:
- Commercial Invoice - Required by the buyer to arrange for payment and to prove ownership of goods.
- Certificate of Origin - Certifies the country of origin of goods. Often required to clear customs and for tariff purposes.
- Packing List - Contains number and specific contents of packages for all items packed.
- Bill of Lading - Contains port and shipper/consignee related information. Airway Bill is required for air shipments.
- Other miscellaneous documents - Additional documents may be required depending on the importing country, terms of sale, or specific order requirements.
Yes. Customer represents and warrants that it is not designated on, or associated with, any party designated on any of the U.S. government restricted parties lists, including without limitation, the U.S. Commerce Department Bureau of Industry and Security, Denied Persons List; Entity List or Unverified List; the U.S. Treasury Department Office of Foreign Assets Control, Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List; or the U.S. State Department Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, Debarred Parties List. Customer shall comply with all applicable U.S. economic sanctions and export control laws and regulations, including without limitation, the regulations administered by OFAC, the Export Administration Regulations administered by BIS, and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations administered by DDTC.
Yes. Click Returns from the site footer which will bring you to the Product Returns page. You can then review the return policy as well as click on RMA Request Form and complete the required fields to submit your return request directly to the quality assurance department.
Once you return request is received you will be contacted by an Oxford Alloys quality assurance representative within 1 business day who will provide you with instructions and more information regarding your return request.
You can also request an RMA by emailing quality or calling 800-562-3355.
Yes. The prices displayed in the item detail pages as well as on the shopping cart page are your account specific prices and will be the prices that you will be invoiced for. Upon logging in as a registered user of oxford Alloys e-commerce you will be viewing only information pertaining to your specific customer account.
note: For non registered users of Oxford Alloys e-commerce no price information is displayed.
No. The prices displayed are inclusive of any surcharges and are your total price for the product (not including any applicable shipping freight cost)
For any pricing related inquiries please call customer service at 1.800.562.3355, email sales, or instant chat with our online customer service representative.
Product availability is real-time basis and adjusted continuously. The product will be reserved for you when you complete your order during checkout and confirmed via an order confirmation.
- In Stock
- The product is available and ready to ship out same day if order is placed by 4:30 p.m.(Mon. - Fri., local time) from the Oxford Alloys location with inventory of this item. If your order is for more than the available stock in inventory then you will be notified during the checkout process and provided with options on how you want to proceed.
- Currently out of Stock
- The product is temporarily not available for immediate shipping. You can still order this product online and it will ship as it becomes available. To verify the expected availability date you can Check date available or call us at 1.800.562.3355 for immediate assistance.
No. The ability to view/print actual product test certificates if available to everyone.
Simply click on Print Product Certs in the site left sidebar and then enter the heat number of the product certificate you require.
You can also obtain product test certificates by contacting customer service via instant chat or call 1-800-562-3355.
There are several ways find an SDS for a product:
- Click the Safety Data sheets link on the website left sidebar
- From the Safety page select Safety Data sheet Library
- From each products Item Details page, click the SDS link
You can also obtain safety data sheets by contacting customer service via instant chat or call 1-800-562-3355.
Yes, everyone can browse our sales literature and product catalog on our website. Simply click the Literature on the header.
No, it is not necessary to register to view or browse the catalogs; anyone can browse any of our catalogs and brochures without having to register.
Simply click on Request Catalog and complete the required fields. A complete Oxford Alloys Product catalog will be mailed directly to you.
The oxfordalloys.com website uses Adobe Flash v10 or later for displaying the virtual catalog(s).
Adobe Flash Player can be downloaded for free from Adobe's website. Once it is downloaded and installed catalog pages will open in the browser when the link is clicked.
Dedicated eCommerce Customer Support representatives are available Monday through Friday 7:30am-5pm CST at 800-562-3355. Technical issues can also be resolved via e-mail at websupport or instant chat.
To send an e-mail to someone at Oxford Alloys, you can use one of the pre-defined e-mail links set up throughout the site. When you click on an e-mail link, it opens an e-mail window with the address field already populated. There is also an option under Customer Support to contact us. Fill out the requirements on the form provided. E-mails will be responded to generally within 1 hour during normal business operations.
Yes, oxfordalloys.com does support real time chat with a dedicated eCommerce customer service representative.
There is a button located in the left sidebar of the website labeled Quick Contact, click the button enter the required information and you will be connected with a live e-Commerce customer service representative.
Chat is available Monday through Friday from 8:00AM - 5:00PM CST.
Yes, orders can be placed via Live Chat.
Chat is compatible with Firefox 2 and Internet Explorer 5 and above.
No, your order is entered into the same system so it will not be processed faster.
Yes, you can request a copy of your conversation by selecting the copy button at the top of the screen within the applet.
Order acknowledgements are emailed after your order is placed and is being processed, providing your email address is in our system. Should your order end up in review an email notification will be sent stating so.
Yes, Shipping acknowledgements are generated at time of order shipment.